Half Day Old City Tour: Istanbul Classics
Explore the streets of Istanbul’s Old City, visit its best attractions and learn about its amazing history for yourself!
Duration: 4 Hours
Skip The Line:
Live Guide: English
Pick-up Services: Pick up is available from centrally located hotels.
- Take a guided walk through Istanbul’s beautiful Old City and see some of the city’s best sights.
- Experience centuries of religion and fascinating history at the magnificent Hagia Sophia.
- Admire the beautiful architecture and interior of the Blue Mosque.
- Walk along the historic Hippodrome and its impressive monuments, including the German Fountain.
- Shop up a storm at the Grand Bazaar.
This is the essential Istanbul tour for everyone who wants to see the top attractions in the Old City (Sultanahmet area) one go! It will be a fun half-day of exploring, learning and picture-taking!
You’ll be picked up from your hotel and then head to the Roman Hippodrome where chariot races were once held by the Romans and Byzantines. Next, see the spiritual side of Istanbul at the Blue Mosque, which is the only mosque with six minarets and one of the most beautiful Ottoman mosques in the country. Continue on to see the German fountain which was a gift from Kaiser Wilhelm II. Your guide will give you all the interesting information about Kaiser’s relationship with the Orient. Then we come to the highlight of the tour, the Hagia Sophia Museum. You’ll be blown away by its 1,500 years of history and amazing architecture. It was built as a church, converted to a mosque and is now a museum for the world to explore and enjoy.
The final stop will be the Grand Bazaar. You can’t leave Istanbul without visiting one of the world’s oldest and largest covered bazaars! You’ll find a huge collection of traditional and modern products, delicious food, coffees and teas, souvenirs and much more. We’ll take you to see a Turkish Handicraft demonstration and then you’re free to browse at your leisure!
- Entrance Fees.
- Professional guided tour in English.
- Pick-up service from centrally located hotels.
- Drop-off service.
Pick up is available from centrally located hotels.
Know Before You Go
- Caferaga Medrese and Blue Mosque will switch places on Fridays.
- The Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays.
- Source: https://istanbul.com/half-day-old-city-tour-istanbul-classics